In accordance with data protection law, the Baselland International School (BLIS) Nicosia-Schelker AG is responsible for data processing unless otherwise communicated.
Baselland International School (BLIS) Nicosia-Schelker AG observes the legal provisions of data protection. All personal data protected by the Swiss Data Protection Act (hereinafter “DSG”) or the European General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter “EU GDPR”) will be used for the purpose of communicating with you, for training purposes, for quality assurance, for the administration and processing of contractual relationships, for Marketing purposes, for market research, to improve our services and our operations, for product development, for security purposes, for risk management and for other purposes such as in the context of internal processes and administration or for training and quality assurance purposes. With your express consent to further use or based on applicable law, personal data can be processed for other purposes. Our employees are obliged to treat personal data confidentially.
Which Personal Data is Processed
We process different categories of data according to the following category:
- Technical data: If you use our website or other electronic offers (e.g. free WLAN), we collect the IP address of your end device and other technical data to ensure the functionality and security of these offers. This data also includes logs recording the use of our systems.
- Registration data: Registration data may arise in the case of access controls to certain facilities; depending on the control system, also biometric data.
- Communication data: If you contact us via the contact form, by e-mail, telephone or chat, by letter or are in contact via other means of communication, we record the data exchanged between you and us, including your contact details and the marginal data of the communication.
- Master data: We call master data the basic data that we need in addition to the contract data (see below) for the processing of our contractual and other business relationships or for marketing and advertising purposes, such as name, contact details and information e.g. about your role and function, your Bank details(s), your date of birth, customer history, powers of attorney, authorization to sign and declarations of consent.
- Contract data: This is data that arises in connection with the conclusion of a contract or the execution of the contract.
- Behavioral and Preference Data: We collect and use data about your behavior and preferences.
Cookies and Pixel Tags
Session cookies are used to clearly assign information stored on the server during a specific visit to our website (e.g. in the online shop) to you or your Internet browser for each visit (e.g. so that the contents of the shopping cart are not lost). Session cookies are deleted after you close your internet browser.
Permanent cookies are used to save your default settings (e.g. the language of the website) over several visits to our website, i.e. even after you close your Internet browser, or to enable an automatic login. Persistent cookies are only activated after the setting of your internet browser (e.g. one month after the last visit). By using our website, you agree to the use of permanent cookies.
You can delete existing session or permanent cookies in your Internet browser at any time and deactivate the setting of further cookies in your browser settings. However, deactivation may impair the functions of our website.
We may use Google Analytics. Google Ireland (based in Ireland) is the provider of the "Google Analytics" service and acts as our processor. Google Ireland relies on Google LLC (located in the USA) as its processor (both “Google”) for this purpose. Google uses performance cookies to track the behavior of visitors to our website and, on this basis, creates reports for us on the use of our website.
We process your data for as long as our processing purposes, the statutory retention periods and our legitimate interests in processing for documentation and evidence purposes require, or storage is required for technical reasons. If you have set up an account with us, we will store the master data provided here indefinitely. However, you can request the deletion of the account at any time.
Processing by Third Parties and Abroad
Personal data may also be processed and disclosed to third parties for the stated purposes. These companies are marketing and market research companies, companies that carry out the technical operation of our information technology for us (outsourcing partners), logistics partners, operators of analysis services, survey services, financial service providers, debt collection companies or lawyers and authorities. If we commission group companies or third parties to process personal data, the third party is carefully selected and must take appropriate security measures to protect the To guarantee the confidentiality and security of your personal data. Processing by us or the named third parties can also take place in other European or non-European countries. We have commissioned the following third parties to process personal data:
- Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
- YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA
- Mailchimp, The Rocket Science Group, LLC, 675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA
We use the services of third-party companies to analyze surfing behavior. We also include some content from other websites. In the case of analysis services, any personal data collected in this way is transmitted anonymously to servers of commissioned third parties abroad, including in the USA.
Protection of Data
We take appropriate security measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal data, to protect them against unauthorized or unlawful processing and to counteract the risks of loss, unintentional modification, unwanted disclosure or unauthorized access.
Legal Bases of Processing
If we ask you for your consent for certain processing, this consent forms the legal basis. You can revoke your consent at any time by sending us a written message or an e-mail with effect for the future. If you have a user account, you can withdraw your consent or contact us via the relevant website or other service. Once we have received the notice of withdrawal of your consent, we will no longer process your data for the purposes to which you initially consented, unless we have another legal basis for doing so. By withdrawing your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
Insofar as we do not ask you for your consent to processing, we base the processing of your personal data on the fact that the processing is necessary for the initiation or execution of a contract with you or that we or third parties have a legitimate interest in it. Our legitimate interests also include compliance with legal regulations, insofar as this is not already recognized as a legal basis by the applicable data protection law. However, this also includes the marketing of our products and services, the interest in understanding our markets better and in managing and developing our company, including operations, safely and efficiently.
Your rights arise from the Swiss Data Protection Act (hereinafter “DSG”) and the European General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter “EU GDPR”). These are, for example:
- the right to request information from us as to whether and which of your data we are processing;
- the right to have data corrected if it is inaccurate;
- the right to request the erasure of data;
- the right to request that we provide certain personal data in a commonly used electronic format or transmit it to another person in charge;
- the right to withdraw consent where our processing is based on your consent;
- the right, upon request, to obtain further information necessary for the exercise of these rights;
- the right to express your point of view in the case of automated individual decisions (section 6) and to request that the decision be reviewed by a natural person.
To assert your rights, please contact us in writing or by email. So that we can rule out misuse we must identify you (e.g. with a copy of your ID, unless this is otherwise possible). If you are not satisfied with our response to your request, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority, for example in your country of residence or at our registered office.
Severability and Amendments
Should individual provisions of this data protection declaration be invalid, incomplete or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this data protection declaration shall remain unaffected. Due to the further development of our website and offers or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to change this data protection declaration. You will be informed of any changes.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
This data protection declaration is subject to Swiss law, unless the law of another country is mandatory. The place of jurisdiction is our registered office, unless another place of jurisdiction is mandatory.